COVID Baguio Travel Requirements – Arriving Local Passengers updated May 2022: This is the updated advisory for local or domestic passengers arriving in Baguio. If you’re looking for more information about COVID travel requirements in going to Baguio City, we’ve got you covered!
Check out Baguio Travel Guide and Information.
Baguio Travel Requirements and Community Alert Level
Updated: October 1, 2022
Alert Level 1: October 1 to 15, 2022
Here are the health and Baguio travel requirements as of May 2022:
|Baguio Travel Requirements
|Fully Vaccinated Individuals
|– Approved QR-Coded Tourist Pass
– Valid Government-Issued ID
– Authentic or certified Vaccination card
– Proof of Baguio City accommodation (certified Baguio VISITA accommodation)
|Unvaccinated or Partially-Vaccinated Individuals
|– Negative COVID-19 Test Result.
– medical certificate stating that the traveler is not qualified to receive the COVID-19 vaccine is issued by the local health officer.
|For Other Groups
|Click on the Table of Contents for the complete list
Be notified of the latest promos, news, and updates in Philippine Travel, subscribe to our BiyaheFinder YouTube Channel.
Updated Baguio Travel Requirements
According to the Baguio City local government unit, there are four main Baguio travel pass requirements. These are:
- Baguio Visita registration with QR-coded Tourist Pass
- Authentic / certified Vaccination card or vaccination certificate
- Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival
Updated Baguio Travel Requirements May 2022 (Baguio City Alert Level 1)
FULLY VACCINATED tourists from Alert Level 1, 2, and 3 localities will need the following documents to acquire a QR-coded Tourist Pass:
- The Baguio Visit QR-coded Tourist Pass (QTP) and confirmed itinerary have been approved. To complete this, you’ll need a valid ID and a recent photograph.
- Government-issued valid identification card
- Vaccination Certificate or Card preferably VaxCertPH. Vaccination cards issued by the different local-government units are accepted as well.
- Certified proof of Baguio City accommodation. If you’re paying for your accommodations, make sure they’re in the Baguio VISITA Guide.
- Compliance with Triage. When a patient arrives, triage begins. There is the main triage area, but some hotels and bus terminals have their own.
For UNVACCINATED OR PARTIALLY VACCINATED tourists from areas under Alert Level 1 and 2, any of the following can be submitted in lieu of a vaccination certificate:
- Negative COVID-19 Test Result. This may be an RT PCR test conducted within 72 hours of arrival in Baguio.
- A medical certificate stating that the traveler is not qualified to receive COVID-19 vaccine is issued by the local health officer.
Baguio City has been open for months now to locals and travelers from outside the Baguio-Benguet area with an Approved QR-coded Tourist Pass from Visita Baguio. With the recent announcement from the City of Pines, the daily limit of travelers entering Baguio has been lifted.
To obtain a Tourist Pass, you must first create an account on the Visita Baguio website. Once your account has been approved, you will be able to fill out a form indicating your personal information, travel itinerary, and contact details. Upon submission of the form, you will receive a QR code which must be presented upon arrival in Baguio.
In addition to the Tourist Pass, visitors are advised to download the Visita Baguio App which will provide information on tourist destinations, hotels, and other attractions in the city.
With the lifting of the daily limit on travelers, Baguio City is now open to locals and tourists from all over the Philippines and the world! So what are you waiting for? Start planning your trip to Baguio now!
Baguio Travel Requirements for Fully-Vaccinated Tourists and Guests 18 years old and above
Approved QTP or QR-Coded Tourist Pass
To visit Baguio, go to visita.baguio.gov.ph and follow the instructions there. Then set up a trip at least one day before your planned departure date. To avoid delays, register a few days in advance of your journey. Only 3,000 visitors are allowed every day in Baguio (per ID). Additionally, only once your QTP is accepted can you enter Baguio.
The QTP is the city’s way of counting and ensuring that the daily arrival limit of 5,000 people will not be broken. The same must be presented at the border checkpoint and community quarantine triage manned by the city police department before tourists are led to the main triage at the Baguio Convention Center, where thorough document verification and possible antigen testing for those showing symptoms are done.
Valid Government-Issued Identification Card
Present your valid government-issued photo identification, such as a passport or driver’s license. You’ll also need it to create an account for the QTP when you sign up.
Authentic or Certified Vaccination Card Issued by LGU or VaxCert issued by the DOH
You must submit a copy of your vaccination certificate and present it upon entry to Baguio. Full vaccination means at least two weeks after the second or last dose. It is best if the visitor is boosted as well
Negative RT-PCR Test or Rapid Antigen Test for Unvaccinated Travelers
A COVID-19 RT-PCR test must be conducted within 72 hours preceding arrival in Baguio, or a rapid antigen test must be done as soon as possible before entering Baguio.
Confirmed Baguio City-Registered Hotel Booking
After your hotel reservation is verified, the QR Coded Tourist (QTP) will be validated. They will first contact your booked hotel. The QTP will be issued once your reservation has been confirmed by the hotel. Remember to stay only in LGU-licensed hotels. Check out Best Hotels in Baguio City.
Health Screening at the Triage
All visitors are required to go through the triage for health screening and verification of QTP and health papers.
- After passing the checkpoint, travelers must go to the triage for health screening and verification of QTP and documents.
- Symptomatic visitors, regardless of vaccination status or test result, will be immediately tested and quarantined and directed to health officials for further action and guidance before being allowed to return home.
Baguio Travel Requirements for Minor or Child Travelers
Children and minor or juvenile travelers are allowed to visit Baguio, regardless of whether they have been vaccinated or not, as long as they are accompanied by a fully-vaccinated adult.
Negative RT-PCR TEST or Rapid Antigen Test for Minors 12 years or and above
Negative antigen or RT-PCR Test Results from a DOH-accredited lab must be presented by persons 12 years old and above. It must be taken within 72 hours before arrival in Baguio or during health screening at the Triage.
An Optional Negative RT-PCR or Antigen Test for Minors 11 years old and below
Children aged 11 years old and below are not required to have an Antigen or RT-PCR Test done. They may only be tested at the request of their accompanying parents or adult travel companions. However, it is still recommended that kids be tested before traveling since for their own health and safety, it is always better to do so.
Frequently Asked Questions on Baguio Travel Requirements
Do we need a travel pass to Baguio?
Yes, domestic visitors who have been fully vaccinated can now visit Baguio. The city travel permit requirements for Baguio include a QR-coded Tourist Pass, a Vaccination card or vaccination certificate, and Health screening and verification at the triage in Baguio upon arrival.
How do I get travel authorization in Baguio?
If you are traveling to Baguio City, you must present your QTP and all necessary travel documents at the Baguio City Police Office (BCPO). All inbound travelers are required to complete health declaration forms at https://hdf.baguio.gov.ph, while tourists must visit http://visita.baguio.gov.ph to register.
Who can visit Baguio City?
The following visitors are only permitted to visit Baguio City:
– Adults who have been vaccinated and are fully immunized. One is considered completely immunized two weeks or 14 days after receiving the second of a 2-dose vaccine course (one shot for one-dose vaccines).
– For unvaccinated travelers – a documented negative antigen or RT-PCR test result obtained within 72 hours before arrival or Rapid Antigen Test immediately before Triage screening upon arrival is necessary.
– Minors who have not been vaccinated are only allowed if accompanied by a parent or guardian.
– For minors who are under the age of 11, the parent or adult guardian of a minor can choose to have them tested.
How do I register for Visita Baguio?
Here is how to create a Visita Baguio account: Visit the BAGUIO VISITA website. The official website of BAGUIO VISITA is visita.baguio.gov.ph. Fill out the registration form in its entirety. Provide account information for your profile. Upload a current photo and a valid ID. Accept the Terms and information. And finally, check your email.
How do I get a QR code for Baguio?
Baguio City has pre-approved and approved hotels and transient homes that met rigorous safety health standards. When a tourist’s request to visit is granted, he will be granted a QTP or unique QR code.
Are tourists allowed in Baguio?
As of January 3, 2022, The city government of Baguio has temporarily suspended the issuing of quick response travel permits (QTP) to tourists and leisure travelers while it works on new regulations for non-essential trips.
Aside from lowering the daily arrival limit that is presently set at 5,000, Baguio City Mayor Benjamin Magalong announced that the city will also demand that leisure visitors from Metro Manila who have already been given QTPs be tested for coronavirus disease (Covid-19) at their own expense.