COVID Malaysia Travel Requirements for Foreigners for 2022: This is the updated advisory for traveling passengers arriving in Malaysia. This is sourced from Philippine Airlines and Cebu Pacific COVID travel advisories.
As you plan your business or pleasure trip to Malaysia, there are a few things you’ll need to take into consideration. In this article, we will outline the Malaysia travel requirements for foreigners and provide information on the COVID restrictions that are currently in place. Here is a checklist of what you’ll need to do in order to make your trip go as smoothly as possible.
These travel requirements are for travel to Malaysia only. Looking for information when arriving in the Philippines from abroad? Check out the COVID Travel Requirements for foreigners or returning overseas Filipinos arriving from abroad. Or click here for General Travel Requirements for Destinations Within the Philippines.
Malaysia Travel Requirements per Philippine Airlines Advisory
- Malaysian Nationals
- Non-Malaysian Nationals or Foreigners holding a Valid Long-Term Visit Pass: Diplomatic, Employment Pass, Resident Pass-Talent, Professional Pass – Experts, Professional Visit Pass (PVP), Permanent Resident (PR)/ Spouse to PR/ Children to PR, Long Term Visit Pass (Husband/Wife/Child) to citizens, Senior Citizen Pass, Widow/ Widow to citizens, Student Pass, Residence Pass, Temporary Working Visit Pass/Pas Lawatan Kerja Sementara (PLKS), Foreign Domestic Helper
- Short-term foreign travelers
Malaysia Travel Requirements: Medical Documents
Please refer to the illustration below on the medical requirements:
Malaysia Travel Requirements: Travel Documents
- Registration to the MySejahtera online application three (3) days before entering Malaysia.
- Fully vaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Travelers Card” (Blue Traveller Card).
- Partially vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers will be issued a “Digital Home Surveillance Order (HSO)” for five (5) days (Red Traveller Card).
- Travelers without a “Digital Travelers Card” or “Digital Home Surveillance Order” will not be permitted to continue travel.
- PH Bureau of Immigration Declaration Form
- For passengers whose COVID-19 test will be taken from any of PAL’s Partner Laboratories, please register to PAL Laboratory Partner e-CIF as early as 5 days before departure.
Malaysia Travel Requirements: Quarantine Requirements
- Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated Travelers will be required to undergo Rapid test kid-antigen (RTK-Ag) test within twenty-four (24) hours upon arrival in Malaysia
- Unvaccinated/Partially Vaccinated travelers will be required to undergo five (5) days Home Surveillance Quarantine (HSO)
- Effective April 1, 2022, vaccinated travelers will be exempted from the quarantine.
- For all categories of passengers, an Antigen professional test is required to be taken within 24 hours after arrival.
- For more information, please visit the following websites:
- Disclaimer: This is only an advisory from the referring airline. Travel restrictions are subject to change without notice by the issuing local government authority. As a result, the requirements or restrictions listed above are not real-time and should be used only as a guide. Please verify your requirements with the official offices, pages, or websites of both your origin and destinations directly.
- Source: Philippine Airlines COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- Philippine Airlines Travel Requirements for All Destinations
- Philippine Airlines Flight Schedule
- Philippine Airlines Cancelled Flights
- Philippine Airlines Travel Advisory
- Philippine Airlines Flight Status
- Philippine Airlines Refund Rebooking Travel Fund
- Philippine Airlines Hotline and Contact Numbers
Malaysia Travel Requirements per Cebu Pacific Advisory
Updated as of May 2, 2022
As per Government regulations, guests bound for Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia are advised of the following guidelines:
Before Departure: Present printed copies of the following upon check-in:
- Download the MySejahtera mobile application and complete the registration.
- Negative RT-PCR / RTK-Ag Professional test, conducted within two (2) days before departure. This is not required for the following guests:
- Guests who were previously infected with COVID-19 in the last six (6) to sixty (60) days before departure may take a professional RTK-Ag test two (2) days before departure.
- Fully vaccinated guests aged 13 and above.
- Guests who are 12 years old and below, regardless of vaccination status.
- Undergo a professional RTK-Ag test within 24 hours from arrival for partially vaccinated / unvaccinated guests only. Cost will be shouldered by the guest.
- Undergo a mandatory 5-day quarantine for partially vaccinated or unvaccinated guests aged 18 and above.
These are Malaysia travelrequirements we have as of the date indicated. Requirements may change from time to time without prior notice. Please continue checking with the Malaysian government for the latest updates.
- Disclaimer: This is only an advisory from the referring airline. Travel restrictions are subject to change without notice by the issuing local government authority. As a result, the requirements or restrictions listed above are not real-time and should be used only as a guide. Please verify your requirements with the official offices, pages or websites of both your origin and destinations directly.
- Source: Cebu Pacific COVID-19 Travel Advisory
- Cebu Pacific Travel Requirements for All Destinations
- Cebu Pacific Domestic Flight Requirements
- Cebu Pacific Promos for 2022
- Cebu Pacific Flight Schedule
- Cebu Pacific Cancelled Flights
- Cebu Pacific Baggage Policy and Fees
- Cebu Pacific Travel Advisory
- Cebu Pacific Flight Status
- Cebu Pacific Hotline and Contact Numbers
COVID Malaysia Travel Requirements for Arriving Local Passengers Disclaimer: Please note that there may be multiple travel requirements for each international destination. These rules are subject to change by the issuing foreign government authority and are issued for our passengers’ and the public’s safety. As these requirements may change at short notice, the advisories above serve as a general guide.