National flag-carrier Philippine Airlines, Inc. (PAL) recently announced that it will be adding more domestic and international flights this June 2022 and is on track to restore the number of domestic flights it had before the pandemic.
“We are on track to complete recovery of domestic flights by the end of the year. The full restoration of international flights will be determined by whether or not specific markets reopen. As a result, we could return to 2019 levels—except for the China market—by the end of the year,” Cielo C. Villaluna, PAL Spokesperson, said in a recent interview.
“It was a slow and gradual rise in terms of regular commercial flights,” she said. “But domestic and international repatriation flights, “Bayanihan” flights, vaccine cargo flights, and all cargo charters continued to fly.”
By March, the beginning of the summer season, PAL had seen “revenge travel” take hold. In the fourth quarter of 2021, Ms. Villaluna said that PAL has achieved 40% of its pre-pandemic daily frequencies.
Prior to the outbreak, the average number of flight legs operated daily by PAL was roughly 300 domestic and international inbound and outbound flights. “We have restored 80% of our pre-pandemic number of domestic flights and 60% of our pre-pandemic number of international flights today”, she continued.
“As travel restrictions continue to ease, we will be increasing flights gradually. We are excited for the day when flight numbers return to pre-pandemic levels. Our top priority is always safety,” she added.
PAL Holdings, Inc., the listed owner of PAL, recorded a net income of P60.6 billion last year, compared to a loss of P73.1 billion in 2020, owing to an increase in “other income” attributable to debt settlement and condonation.
Its revenues for 2021 reached P58.7 billion, 6.2% higher than the P55.3 billion in 2020.
Here is the new schedule of Manila to Bohol (Tagbilaran) flights and vice versa.
- Flight PR 2773: Manila-Tagbilaran (Panglao) – Daily departing at 08:55 AM
- Flight PR 2771: Manila-Tagbilaran (Panglao) – Daily departing at 11:30 AM (until June 12, 2022)
- Flight PR 2777: Manila-Tagbilaran (Panglao) – Daily departing at 02:05 PM
- Flight PR 2774: Tagbilaran (Panglao)-Manila – Daily departing at 10:55 AM
- Flight PR 2772: Tagbilaran (Panglao)-Manila – Daily departing at 01:30 PM (until June 12, 2022)
- Flight PR 2778: Tagbilaran (Panglao)-Manila – Daily departing at 04:05 PM
Furthermore, on May 20, 2022, flights between Manila and Batanes will increase to three times per week, with a new Friday flight.
Here is the new thrice-weekly schedule of Manila to Basco, Batanes flights, and vice versa.
- PR 2932 Manila-Basco – every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday departing at 06:00 AM
- PR 2933 Basco-Manila – every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday departing at 08:15 AM
Philippine Airlines Quick Links
- Philippine Airlines Travel Requirements for All Destinations
- Philippine Airlines Promos for 2022
- Philippine Airlines Flight Schedule
- Philippine Airlines Cancelled Flights
- Philippine Airlines Baggage Allowance
- Philippine Airlines Travel Advisory
- Philippine Airlines Flight Status
- Philippine Airlines Refund Rebooking Travel Fund
- Philippine Airlines Hotline and Contact Numbers